Who knew the humble banana offers so many beauty benefits for skin! Rich in powerful anti-oxidants, phytochemicals and moisture, banana will nourish and revitalize dry skin as well as smoothen rough aging skin. If you have acne-pron oliy skin, you can use bananas topically for oil control and to reduce further breakouts.
What makes banana so good for skin?
Banana is great, not just for skin but overall health as well. There are many powerful nutrients in banana that make it the perfect additional to your all natural face mask! Some of these include:
Top 5 benefits of banana for skin
1. Skin Moisturizer. Rich in potassium and moisture, banana hydrates and moisturizes dry skin, making it soft and supple. If your skin is peeling and dry, simply apply a banana face mask on your face. Get a small bowl, mash up a ripe banana with the back of your fork and apply to your face, avoiding the area around your eye and mouth. Rinse with cold water after 10 to 15 minutes and enjoy the soft feel of your skin!
2. Oil control. If you’ve got oily greasy skin, use a simple banana face mask with lemon juice and honey. Banana is a great exfoliator which helps slough off excess sebum on skin surface. It also contains and contains moisture, potassium and vitamins e and c which all promote clear glowing skin. Mash a ripe banana with the back of a fork and combine 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice to make an amazing face mask. Rinse off with a wet cloth or cold water.
3. Anti aging. Bananas, also known as Nature’s botox contain super wrinkle fighting nutrients that helps fade age spots and prevent fine lines and wrinkles from forming. Coupled with other wrinkle busting kitchen ingredients, you can gently nourish, exfoliate and protect mature skin. Slather on a thick coat of a powerful anti aging banana face mask containing one mashed banana, 1 teaspoon orange juice and 1 teaspoon thick yogurt.
4. Treat Acne. Banana and banana peels re excellent homemade remedies for treating acne and pimples. You can directly apply the inside of a banana peel onto your acne to reduce inflammation and destroy bacteria. Also use a face mask with mashed banana, honey and turmeric to brighten skin, reduce acne and moisturize your skin. Wash off with cold water and pat your face dry. Remember to be consistent to see results.
5. Lighten dark spots. Whether it’s acne scars, tiny moles, age spots or just dark spots which make your face dull, you can reduce them and even out general skin discolorations applying mashed banana onto your face at least twice a week.
How to make an Exquisite Banana Face Mask at Home:
Check out this step-by-step guide on how to create a skin-healing banana face mask that takes care of fine lines, wrinkles, acne, pigmentation, discolouration and dry skin, all at once!
1. Banana face mask for glowing skin. Banana can be used topically for skin of all types. Containing anti aging and anti oxidant properties, a banana face mask will gently nourish, cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize aging, acne-prone, dry, normal and combination skin. You can also add extra skin friendly kitchen ingredients for a powerful face mask. For oily skin combine 1 mashed banana with lemon juice and honey. For dry skin, use 1 mashed banana with 1 tablespoon pureed avocado and olive oil.
2. Exofilate skin cells. Gently slough off dead cells on the surface of the skin using banana and other skin friendly kitchen ingredients, such as coconut oil and oatmeal. Oatmeal has an abrasive texture that will help scour off excess dead cells on the skin surface while banana and coconut milk will keep the oatmeal from over exfoliating skin and hydrate and nourish skin.
3. Reduce puffy eyes. The inner surface of a banana peel can cool and reduce puffy red eyes and remove under-eye circles. Place banana peel over your tired eyelids and relax for 10 to 15 minutes. When the time is up, remove the banana peels and wash your eyes with cool water. Eating bananas also helps reduce puffy eyes as bananas are rich in potassium and counteract fluid retention caused by sodium.